1. By registering for or taking part in Be Accountable for Your Future Career Quiz (“Quiz”), all persons participating herein (“Participants”) agree to be bound by these Quiz Terms and Conditions. The Participants hereby consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal data which they submitted herein, for research, educational, promotional, marketing (included targeted advertising), collection of feedback and other purposes including outreach activities organised by Singapore Management University (“SMU”). This includes sending of educational materials to Participants relating to any events or initiatives by SMU.
2. The Quiz will be held from 2 January 2018 to 1 July 2018 (“Quiz Period”). The Quiz is open to participants who:
(a) must be at least 16 years old as at the start of the Quiz Period;
(b) must own a Facebook account; and
(c) are not prohibited in any manner by any person, entity, authority or law anywhere in the world from participating in this Quiz or any similar quizzes;
3. The Be Accountable for Your Future Career Quiz is intended for educational purposes only and should not be understood to constitute any type of career counselling. What any individual chooses to do — or ‘should’ choose to do — with the results of any given test, is a matter for the individual and should not be dictated by the test itself.
4. SMU may, in its sole discretion, modify these Quiz Terms and Conditions, or cancel this Quiz, without prior notice to any person or Participant. SMU’s decision on all matters relating to this Quiz shall be final and binding on all Participants, and no correspondence will be entertained.
5. To the extent permitted by law, by entering the Quiz, each Participant agrees that SMU shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, injury, death, claim or damage suffered by any person arising out of or in connection with the Quiz, and each Participant shall indemnify SMU from any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred in connection therewith.
6. SMU may use all contact information and personal data provided by each Participant to conduct verification checks and other actions required in connection with the Quiz.
7. By participating in this Quiz, each Participant grants SMU the consent to collect, use and/or disclose his/her personal data, likeness or comments for the purposes of the Quiz as well as for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. If a Participant requires access to his/her personal data or any amendment or correction to be made, or wishes to withdraw consent with respect to any specific use of his/her personal data, please contact SMU at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. These Quiz Terms and Conditions are governed by Singapore law, and each Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
10. Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Quiz, are the property of SMU. Unauthorised use of these materials will constitute infringement of SMU’s rights, including, without limitation, copyright, defamation, privacy, publicity rights, or those rights of any third party.
11. SMU and its agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Quiz, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Quiz Terms and Conditions.